Wednesday, December 18, 2013

He's not even a Bottom Dollar shopper

I had made arrangements with Capacity Developers to meet me at my church this morning, so that they could pick up all the donations made for my Dress 4 Work service project. My faith in humanity was restored by the overwhelming response. I want to thank all the people who made Dress 4 Work 2013 even better than last year.

While I was waiting for the truck to arrive, my daughter had emailed this link to me. One Time A Guy Gave A Homeless Man A Computer, And The Recipient Did Exactly What The Giver Expected 

If I'd have heard about what this guy was planning to do before it all played out, I might have thought he was unrealistic or maybe even condescending. But after watching the video, I realized that there's a much bigger thing at play here: We need to remember that every human being is unique and full of potential. We don't know other people's stories.



Thank you to all the generous people in my church, family, friends, and neighbors, who like the computer programmer, are willing to give the less fortunate a chance to succeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Elaine ! And it's amazing what a helping hand can often times bring to light.

Anonymous said...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!"
from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


If only weall could keep the Spirits alive within us all year long!
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours Elaine, thank you for all you do!

Anonymous said...

This was a wonderful thing that you did Elaine!

You have to admit that it made you feel a hell'uva lot better than standing around the deli counter at the Giant Eagles just hoping that someone would sponsor you for St Clair Country Club membership!

Lebo Citizens said...

Thank you, 3:32 PM and 10:22 PM. Happy Holidays!
Elaine

Lebo Citizens said...

9:08 AM, how many years have you been donating? Three years, is it? You have helped so many people! I really appreciate it.
Elaine