Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It's Dave's Day

Tonight marks the end of an era. "Late Show with David Letterman" will air its final broadcast tonight. Yes, David Letterman's 33 years in late night television broke Johnny Carson's record by three years.

I have been looking at clips on YouTube. (Thank goodness for YouTube!) I thought about posting my favorites but there are just too many to post. I thought it might be kind of fun for Lebo Citizen readers to share a link to their favorite.

Someone sent me a Top 10 Mt. Lebanon version, and gave me permission to share on the blog.

TOP TEN THINGS THAT MT. LEBANON COMMISSIONERS
DO NOT WANT TO HEAR DURING CITIZEN COMMENTS

10.   “Are you serving any tasty sides with that main dish of bull crap?”
  9.    “I feel like I am sitting on a bar stool at The Saloon.”
  8.    "US Consumer Products Safety Commission no longer stands behind the safety of artificial turf with rubber tire crumb."
  7.    “And, then I saw a huge buck taking a big poop right there on the artificial turf. Talk about scary.”
  6.    “How Dare You?”
  5.    “The cops aren't paid to protect corn.”
  4.    “My pants are too tight to sit through this. It must be my crumb rubber.”
  3.    “Are you saying we elected you jerks?”
  2.     “A study conducted by Cornell University reported………..”

  1.     “Good Evening. My name is Elaine Gillen.”

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Elaine, for recognizing the end of an era.

Here is a link to one of my favorites, "Dave working at McDonald's."

Have a good time with it.


https://youtu.be/fWDihvcUWUQ

Anonymous said...

Eat this one up:

http://www.tv.com/shows/late-show-with-david-letterman/watch/david-letterman-and-zsa-zsa-gabor-eat-fast-food-in-l-a--3072117/

Anonymous said...

It must be the crumb rubber. Dave would approve of that one. The crumb rubber.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dave. It's been a hoot.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we'll be able to celebrate a local Dave's final day.
We can reprise videos of comments on turf, deer and storm water fees for a starter.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Elaine, but as far as I'm concerned David Letterman's show was a waste of prime sleeping time.

Bob D.

Lebo Citizens said...

Bob, it was on too late for me too, but I did enjoy watching the YouTube videos.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

10:25: Not sure if Elaine is going to release the Dave-like segment of the news truck parked across from the municipal building on Tuesday. Maybe.


Anonymous said...

I saw the news truck at the muni bldg. Was Dave Letterman there?

Anonymous said...

Remember when Chris Elliot was a regular on Letterman? This is a good one, sent to me by my veterinarian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcobKdm6LI

Anonymous said...

Another one from my vet. It's his favorite Letterman top ten list:

http://www.tealdragon.net/humor/toplists/vet.htm